SCOTNOTES Study Guides
The Poetry of NORMAN MacCAIG
Published in: Paperback.
By: Association for Scottish Literary Studies, 1989
Norman MacCaig’s poetry is clear and lucid and filled with the shifting light of Edinburgh and Assynt. MacCaig stands in the first rank of twentieth-century poets: Seamus Heaney said of him, “He means poetry to me”.
Roderick Watson’s Scotnote will enhance any student’s enjoyment of MacCaig’s poetry, as well as providing a deeper understanding of the poet’s craft.
- The Poet: ‘Making something that was never in the world before’
- The Poems: ‘Remarkable Cargoes’
- Poetry: ‘You, Decorator and Disturber’
- Appendix I: Practical Criticism
- Appendix II: Poems Discussed
- Select Bibliography