Scottish War Poetry (Dr David Goldie and Professor Rory Watson)
- Click here for the Scotnote study guide Scottish War Poetry 1914-1945.
- Click here for the ASL Teaching Notes, including the National 5/Higher Teaching Note on Scottish Poetry of the First World War.
- Click here for the ASL Annual Volume 43, From the Line: Scottish War Poetry 1914-1945, edited by David Goldie and Roderick Watson.
Three short stories of James Hogg (Dr David Robb)
- Click here for the ASL Free Publications, including the PDF of The Devil I am Sure: Three short stories of James Hogg.
- Click here to read James Robertson’s paper ‘Scott, Hogg and Stevenson, and their influence on Scottish Literature’ for the ASLS Schools Conference 2013.
Nan Shepherd, novelist of the North-East (Professor Alison Lumsden)
- Click here to read Charlotte Peacock’s article ‘Quiet pioneer: the novels of Nan Shepherd (1893-1981)’ for The Bottle Imp 27.